Aesthetic treatments can also be performed by using the Plasmolifting™ gel therapy (Plasmogel, autologous gel), which is obtained by heating autologous plasma. Gel therapy is a minimally invasive, non-traumatic and effective procedure, used to treat deep wrinkles, facial imperfections, and restore the young outline of the face. The Plasmolifting™ gel is a further step in Plasmolifting™ and is used in aesthetic medicine to correct wrinkles and grooves, augment cheekbones, chin, mandibular contour, lips, etc.
Injection areas and operating mode
In aesthetic medicine, the Plasmogel is prepared from autologous plasma (using the Plasmolifting™ method), which is thermally processed, in a special thermostat (mini incubator). Due to this treatment, the plasma takes the form of a gel that is injected in an intradermal or a superperiostal location. The gel is distributed homogeneously, without side effects and leaves no visible traces. The Plasmogel fills the wrinkles and grooves, restores the volume the tissues lost due to crono-aging. A “support casing” is created for the facial tissues, with the stimulation of collagen production, the restructuring of elastin, improving the elasticity and quality of the skin. At the same time, the Plasmogel stimulates the regeneration of tissues, and the effect lasts for a longer period of time.
The autologous gel remains in the tissues for up to 3 months, depending on the individual particularities of the patient. Repeated correction of skin changes is possible 2 weeks after the first injection. The efficiency of the Plasmogel is maximized when combining this technique with injecting autologous platelet-rich plasma, according to the following protocol:
General protocol for the Plasmogel method:
1. Choice of anesthesia (applicative, regional)
2. Blood collection
3. Centrifugation according to the protocol
4. Plasma collection in special syringes, setting the thermostat
5. Obtaining the Plasmogel
6. Skin treatment with local antiseptic
7. Injecting the gel in the area undergoingcorrection
For the Plasmogel procedure, one needs the following equipment:
- Special thermostat (that heats up to 95° C)
- A centrifuge adapted for Plasmolifting™
- Peripheral venous catheters, with a diameter of at least 1.1 mm (21 – 23G)
- Special Plasmolifting™ tubes (9 ml, sterile, with sodium heparin in vivo and thixotropic gel)
- Luer-lock syringes (2.5 ml volume)
- Needles for gel injection (23G)
Faza de încălzire:
termostatul se încălzeşte în prealabil, până la instalarea seringii, până la 95° C, timp de 8 minute
Faza de platou:
95° C, 3 – 6 minute, în funcţie de nivelul de plasmă din seringă:
- 0,5 – 0,8 ml, 4 minute
- 0,8 – 1 ml, 5 minute
- 1 – 1,14 ml, 6 – 7 minute
După faza de platou:
răcirea pe tavă (2 minute), urmată de introducerea în ţesuturi
Combining Plasmolifting™ with other procedures in aesthetic medicine
An indisputable advantage of the Plasmolifting™ method is that it is as effective separately as it is in combination with other aesthetic procedures: injectable ones, procedures that require different devices, care and maintenance procedures. Due to its biological properties, the Plasmolifting™ method can be considered a basic procedure in modern dermatology.
Aesthetic procedures involving skin surface interventions and injuries (such as bioabsorbablethread lifting, dermoabrasion, laser therapy, ozone therapy, chemical peels, etc.) combined with the Plasmolifting™ method help not only to achieve a clear aesthetic effect, but also to shorten the recovery period. Due to the rapid regeneration of the affected tissues (the effect of the platelet-rich plasma), patients can return to active life after a very short recovery period.
The ability of the Plasmolifting™ method to stimulate the synthesis of collagen and elastin is used in combination with fillers. Clinical experience proves that hyaluronic acid fillers injected after PRP procedures remain in the tissues longer than usual. And the use of platelet-rich plasma after fillers helps to quickly eliminate edema and hypercorrection.
Terapie cu IPL
Used in aesthetic medicine, Plasmogel helps:
We recommend combining Plasmogel with:
- Plasmoneedle (Plasmolifting™ + absorbablethreads) – consists of introducing platelet-rich plasma with the needles forabsorbablethreads; given that all aesthetic techniques of application of suspension threads involve the use of needles (or cannulae), the introduction of autologous plasma is convenient and effective; upon insertion of the implant needle, at the time the cosmetological threads are located inside the needle, 0.05 to 0.1 ml of autologous plasma are introduced; this method allows injecting the patient’s own plasma directly into the area of the biological effect observed at the integration of the polydioxanone (PDO) into human tissues; the presence of PRP in the threads means a less pronounced tissue fibrosis taking into account its antiscarring and antifibrotic properties
- absorbable threads