ABOUT THE PLASMOLIFTING™ METHOD
Youth is in our blood
At some point, we all want a time machine to go back in time and bring us back our youth, firm and wrinkle free skin, thicker and shinier hair, stronger joints, and the energy of the past… Well, the mechanism of natural restoration of health, youth and beauty is hidden in our own body and can be triggered by platelets containing proteins capable of stimulating cell regeneration – hence, healing us by using our own blood!
In ancient times, the healers believed that blood had magical properties and they were right. Blood is made up of an intercellular substance – plasma – and elements such as erythrocytes, leukocytes and platelets. Each of these cells has its own task: erythrocytes provide tissue respiration, leukocytes protect the body against infections, platelets are part of the blood clotting processes.
Therefore, platelets play an important role in the healing and regeneration of traumatized tissues, producing growth factors that regulate and stimulate the growth and survival of tissues. Growth factors are required for cell genesis and normal cell cycle performance. The symbiosis of growth factors is responsible for the reconstruction of blood vessels in the traumatized area, regeneration of new tissues (epithelial, cartilaginous, connective, muscular, nervous) and for stopping the bleeding.
Therefore, the solution for the regeneration and recovery of the human body is in the platelets. Autologous platelet (APT) injections naturally restore health, youth, and beauty.
The way thePlasmolifting™ method works
This renewable source of health that resides in our own blood was developed and applied in 2003 by the Russian scientists Renat R. Akhmerov (professor, Doctor of Medicine, plastic surgeon and maxillofacial surgeon, oncodermatologist) and Roman F. Zarudy (PhD in Medical Sciences, maxillofacial surgeon, implantologist). They created the Plasmolifting™ technology, a medical procedure that can be called, without exaggeration, the “modern elixir of youth”.
Using the unique ability of growth factors (produced by the platelets) to influence regenerative processes, Akhmerov and Zarudy developed this method of injecting autologous platelet-rich plasma (PRP) into human tissues. In other words, we’re talking about autohemotherapy: immediate, intramuscular or subcutaneous, freshly extracted autologous blood injections. In PRP, the blood t is transformed into platelet plasma (by centrifugation). Applying platelet-rich plasma is the only way to improve wound repair and combat infection without the help of other drugs.
The Plasmolifting™ method was used for the first time by the Russian surgeons to treat inflammatory and atrophic diseases, in the postoperative period, in maxillofacial surgery. But practice showed that the spectrum of application for this injectable therapy is much more extensive. Plasmolifting™ is a method of regenerative medicine that treats various pathologies in areas such as aesthetic medicine, gynecology, stomatology, trichology, orthopedics, traumatology, sports medicine and urology.
- an unique medical treatment developed by two Russian doctors – Renat R. Akhmerov and Roman F. Zarudy
- an innovative way to inject platelet-rich plasma into the human tissues
- a safe and non-toxic method, with scientifically proven effectiveness regarding the control of the tissue regeneration (it is 100% based on the internal resources of the human body) and the prevention of disease
- a treatment that gains popularity in the branches of medicine such as aesthetic medicine, trichology, stomatology, orthopedics, urology, gynecology and sports medicine
- a profitable and successful business
The advantages of the Plasmolifting™ method:
- it’s simple and convenient to use
- it does not involve the purchase of expensive medical devices
- post-procedure recovery is immediate
- it’s a safe and natural procedure
- the risk of allergic reactions and side effects is minimal
- it does not require surgery
- it can be combined with other types of procedures
- it has minimal contraindications
- it can be widely used in different areas of medicine
The authors of the method
The creators of the Plasmolifting™ method are the Russian scientists Renat Rashitovich Akhmerov (Ренат Рашитович Ахмеров) and Roman Felixovich Zarudy (Роман Феликсович Зарудий).
Professor, Doctor of Medicine, plastic surgeon and maxillo-facial surgeon, oncodermatologist
Studies: Kazan State Medical University
- traineeships in plastic surgery in Brazil (at UNICAMP University Clinic), Italy (at Borgo Roma Clinic), Germany (at the University of Kiel and Munich), Brazil (Rio de Janeiro)
- Clinical Oncology Center of the Republic of Tatarstan (ENT physician, maxillofacial surgeon, oncologist)
- The Medical Academy “I.M. Secenov” in Moscow (maxillo-facial surgeon and plastic surgeon)
- “Dental Beauty” dental and cosmetic clinic in Moscow (maxillo-facial and plastic surgeon)
Specialties: facial plastic surgery, skin cancer removal, reconstructive face surgery, facial plastics via non-surgical methods
Doctor of Medicine, maxillo-facial surgeon, implantologist
Studies: State Medical School of Bashkiria
- traineeship in orthognathic surgery in Germany (at the Maxillofacial Surgery Center of the University of Westphalia)
- Russian Eye and Plastic Surgery Center of the Ministry of Health in the Russian Federation (head of the Reconstructive Maxillofacial Surgery department)
- Bone Plastics and Dental Implant Center (physician-surgeon)
- consultant of the German-Russian Maxillofacial Prosthesis Center (in Ufa)
Specialties: plastic face surgery, removal of cancerous skin formations, reconstructive face surgery, orthognathic surgery
THE STAGES OF THE PLASMOLIFTING™ PROCEDURE
The essence of the Plasmolifting™ method is injecting into the human body plasma with high levels of platelets, which allows the cellular regeneration process to be triggered. The Plasmolifting™ procedure should not last longer than 30 minutes and consists of the following steps:
PHASE 1 (5 minutes)
Blood is collected from the vein, in a special vacuum tube. The patient is prepped, then he is punctured with a flexible needle and between 10 and 60 ml of blood (depending on the protocol) are collected. The loss of such a small amount of blood does not have a negative influence on the patient’s health and does not stop the proper functioning of the body.
PHASE 2 (5 minutes)
Autologous platelet-rich plasma is separated from the blood by centrifugation. To obtain this plasma with high therapeutic properties, one must process it. Normally, the amount of platelets in the human blood varies between 150,000/microliter and 350,000/microliter, but for the stimulating regeneration effect, their number must be increased to 1,000,000/microliter. Plasma with such a high platelet concentration can be obtained by centrifuging the blood in special biotechnological Plasmolifting™ tubes. The increased efficiency and safety of the procedure can only be achieved by using Plasmolifting™ certified equipment. The tubes are placed at an equal distance (on opposite positions) in the centrifuge.
Plasma is injected into the treatment area. ThePlasmolifting™ certified tubes allow the qualitative separation of blood in 3 fractions: red blood cells, the plasma suspension and the platelet-rich fraction (autologous plasma, full of growth factors). During this processing, the separated autologous plasma is then injected into the treatment areas. Autologous plasma is a highly effective biological regeneration stimulant that contains a high concentration of growth factors (hormones, proteins, and vitamins) in their natural proportion. Platelet-rich plasma is obtained from the patient’s own blood, thus ensuring the complete biocompatibility between the injected substance and the body, excludingany immunological and allergic reactions as well as the possibility of rejection.
- allergic reactions to anticoagulants (heparin)
- malignant neoformations
- acute infectious diseases
- mental illness